Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Creative Memories Custom Cutting System Circles and Ovals Patterns are back! !

Welcome to Blog Hop stop #7
After seeing all these blogs, how can you NOT be excited that they are bringing back the 
Original Cutting System Circles and Ovals Patterns?

If you're not familiar with this system, there are 18 different

Circles that you can cut out with our 3 different blades, 
color coded green, red, and blue from 7/8  - 6 3/8-inches.

With the Ovals you can cut out 24 shapes using the three blades anywhere from 3/4 -7 1/4 inch

I often use the circles or ovals to draw attention to my subject or best photo. Several of my customers struggled in the beginning using this system, as they got confused how to use the system. So to guide them, I put numbers on my template and on my circles and ovals to be easily matched up.
This template shows you how to read the colors along with sizes.

BUT now onto Snow Much Fun!!

 
Are you like me and hate to waste card stock paper to put on top of pretty paper like this snowflake paper from the Christmas of Joy Paper Pack? Well, I have the solution for you, why not just cut your shapes right out of your pattern paper with the Creative Memories cutting system as I explain below? 

 For the bottom circle of the snowman I used the small size circle #1 and blue blade. I cut on the outer edge of the circle.  If you refer to the template above, it'll be circle #1 template with the 4 1/2" circle.  For the middle section I use the medium size circle #2 and use the red blade.  I cut in the inner edge of the circle pattern.  On template this is 3 1/2" circle.  For the top circle of snowman I used the medium circle #2 and I cut out the inner of the circle. On template it'll be the 2 1/2" circle.
Place this on your White 12x 12 Plain Refills and you have yourself a Snowman!
The buttons and eyes are from the Bubble Border Maker cartridge and hat is the negative space/inside of Film Strip Border Maker cartridge.  I free hand cut out the nose. The North Pole journal card is from Christmas of Joy Slide in Pack.

You don't have to just confine your circles to just be circles on your pages. Many times I like cutting my circles in half, to appear floating.
For this layout I used the leftover circles from the snowman, flipped over the paper and had these cute little ornaments on it.  (I know I have a problem letting good pieces of paper go to waste. :) ) The background paper is from Christmas of Joy Paper Pack. Using the same paper pack, I took the ornament paper and cut it an 1 1/2" strip. The two photo mats are from the Christmas of Joy slide in pack. Then using the Christmas of Joy stickers, I added the " I ❤ Christmas" and "DECK THE HALLS" stickers.  The tree border is from the Border Maker System Evergreen cartridge.


I was going to add this cute punch art tree but it would have over powered this layout. I use the Border Maker System Evergreen cartridge and layer the evergreens on top of each other to form this tree. The garland is made with the Medallion Frame Chain Border Maker cartridge. The Christmas balls are from the Bubble Border Maker cartridge and the Star is from Star Border Maker cartridge. 

One of our Christmas Traditions is to take the kids to see Santa,  no matter your age.  Last year my oldest daughter 23 and her boyfriend even went with us.  In this simple but embellished page, I used the Border Maker System Evergreen cartridge and made a frame around a piece of 12×12 Shades of Green paper. Using circle pattern #3, large circle and red blade I cut my photo.  Then, using Christmas of Joy Paper Pack gingham paper, I cut a 5 1/2" circle using blue blade.  Using same paper, I  cut two 3/8" strips and added to top and bottom of page.  The words "Christmas Traditions" and "Wish List" are from Christmas of Joy slide in Cards. I trimmed up the Christmas Traditions and then used 2-way Corner Rounder to make corners.  I used Creative Memories Scissors to cut the word "Wish List".  I shared how to make the holly leaves in Christmas-blog-stop-6 Using-your tools.  LOVE, SANTA and North Pole sign are from Christmas of Joy sticker pack. 

http://www.creativememories.com/user/CandaceBouldin
Thanks for sticking out the whole blog hop, now click here Creative Memories Blog Hop to head over and leave a comment between today and noon CT this Friday of your favorite parts of the hops to win ALL of the elements of the Custom Cutting System - a $77 value! The winner will be announced on Friday, December 11.
Good Lucky! 

If you missed some of the blog stops you can find them here:
Hop 3 Stefani Jones
Hop 4 Lisa Graham
Hop 5 Fran Smitherman
Hop 6 Noreen Smith
Hop 7 Candace Bouldin YOU ARE HERE!
Back to Creative Memories Blog Creative Memories Blog Hop 

 
For more information about these GREAT Creative Memories products used in this project you can find on my website www.creativememories.com/user/CandaceBouldin  Of course, if you don't already have a Creative Memories Advisor, I'd be love to be your personal Creative Memories Advisor.  If you'd like to join my team and earn products like these at discount, click on this link to Join my team! Or ask my how!

I hope you enjoyed this project. Comment below and let me know what you think!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

love all these ideas! so glad the circles & ovals are back! thanks you everyone!

Unknown said...

I love the Christmas tree! CM makes the best tools

Unknown said...

peek a boo snowman is very cute and the tree is too - thanks for sharing ;)

Kathryn said...

love the snowman the tree and your tradition of going to see Santa no matter what age I must save up for that border punch you talked me into it.

Unknown said...

Love the half-snowman; makes room for pictures and the little tree is adorable.

Lisa Graham said...

Such wonderful ideas!! I LOVE the 1/2 snowman - very cute!!

Unknown said...

The sweet Christmas tree is my favorite! I can't wait to try it! Thank you!

Audie & Peg Ribble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audie & Peg Ribble said...

I loved the snowman page! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas tree.

Anonymous said...

Very resourceful....doesn't look at all like you scrimped, but you certainly don't waste good scraps....love that, and love the look of your projects!
Charlene

Unknown said...

Love all your ideas! So cute!!

CelebratingYourBeautifulLife said...

Candace I love them!

Sondra said...

I love the snowman.

Heidi S. said...

Love the 'see through' snow man... A neat technique that can be used with any shape ....to 'see through' to the next page. Thx for sharing!